Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité

What a time to live in Chicago.





And while I've got some great things to share, for the moment I'm going to start with how much I like Le Monde:

"Le monde avait les yeux fixés sur l'élection américaine. Dès la confirmation de la victoire de Barack Obama, les messages de félicitations ont été diffusés sur tous les continents. L'espoir d'une nouvelle ère dans les relations entre les Etats-Unis et le reste de la planète, après huit ans d'administration Bush, domine nettement."

While J.A and I were waiting in line for the pizza tent in Grant Park, a Brazilian man began talking to us about how excited he was, and how lucky we were to be able to vote this year. It's a tremblingly hopeful thought, that we could very well be on our way to a time when I won't feel embarassed, or just apologetic, when admitting my citizenry to people.

No comments: